How to Connect Manceppo to your Google Analytics
You have a Google Account and want to integrate it to your Manceppo account? Great! When you do this you will be able to:
- Identify company domains browsing your website, when you also install IpMeta.io and add them as leads to your campaigns / CRM system
- Identify how leads entered their journey on your website. Now you know whether they clicked an ad, engaged on your social media or used search
- Identify from which location leads originated their visit to your website
- Identify real performance of paid media by identifying which ads (search ads, paid social, remarketing) resulted in which leads and/or subscribers
Connecting with the Google Analytics API can be a challenge, so this Academy blog provides a 5 step guide to get you started:
- Step 1: Create a Project in Google API
- Step 2: Activate the Google Analytics Reporting API
- Step 3: Get your API Keys
- Step 4: Give your Service Account Access to Google Analytics
- Step 5: Give Manceppo access to your Service Account
Need more assistance? Get our set-up service to get you going here.
Step 1: Create a Project in Google API
The first step to connect to the Google Analytics API is to create your project in Google’s developers console. Follow these steps to do that.
- Sign-in to Google’s developers console
- Create a new project
- Click Select a project > New Project
- Provide your project with a name, for instance ‘Project Manceppo’
- Hit ‘Create’
Step 2: Activate the Google Analytics Reporting API
Now search for the Google Analytics Reporting API and activate it.
- Go to your Dashboard and click “Enable APIs and Services”
- Search for “Google Analytics Reporting API”
- Click on the API to create
- Click on “Enable”
Step 3: Get your API Keys
You have now enabled your Google Analytics API. You will now learn how to download an API key and create your credentials within the developer console.
The Google API Key is the equivalent of your password for your Manceppo to log-in to your Google Analytics account. A single API key gives you access to all of the Google API services. It’s like using the same Gmail address to log into Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
To connect the Google Analytics to Manceppo using the API Key you need to use the Service account key. A service account is a special type of Google account intended to represent a non-human user that needs to authenticate and be authorized to access data in Google APIs.
To get your Google API Key you need to:
- Create a ‘New Service Account’
- Add and API Key to it.
3A: Create a New Service Account
First create a new Service Account:
- Go to the “Credentials” tab on the left
- Click on “Create Credentials”
- Choose a name for ‘Service account name’, like ‘Manceppo Connection’
- Hit ‘Create’
- You don’t to set service account permissions (just hit ‘Continue’)
- Or grant users access to the service account (just hit ‘Done’)
3B. Add an API Key to your new ‘Service Account’
To add an API Key to actually connect with Manceppo you now
- Navigate to the Service Account you created for Manceppo. You can either navigate to it from the ‘APIs & Services’ page, go to ‘Credentials’ and select it from the ‘Service Accounts’. Or select the Service Account you from the ‘IAM & Admin’ page in the Developer Console.
- Choose ‘ADD KEY’ and then choose ‘Create New Key’
- Choose Key type: ‘JSON’
A JSON file will be downloaded to your computer. Store it somewhere safe.
Step 4: Give your Service Account Access to Google Analytics
In the previous step, a JSON file was downloaded. You need to open this file to copy the “client_email” that will look something like this.
- Go to Google Analytics > Admin > View > User Management.
- Click the plus “+” button > “Add user”.
- Then add the copied service account email as a user and click “Add”.
- Give Your Service Account Access to Your Google Analytics Data.
Step 5: Give Manceppo access to your Service Account
Your preparation in Google is all set! All you have to do now is:
- Log into Manceppo and go to Connect > Google Analytics
- Here you can upload the JSON file to grant Manceppo access to Google Analytics
- Hit ‘Submit’ and you’re all set!