Connecting WordPress to Manceppo
By connecting Manceppo to WordPress you will open up inbound marketing functionality. The connection enables you to:
- Create landing pages with forms for downloads
- Track visitor behavior across your website
- Build a lead score based on behavior and profile criteria
- Trigger email workflows in your connected Mailchimp account based on downloads on WordPress website
Offering downloads like white papers, e-books and reference cases can be a great way to generate leads for your business. With Manceppo you can easily add highly configurable forms to any page on your WordPress website.
To connect Manceppo to WordPress:
- Log into Manceppo (or create an account first) and go to: CONNECT -> WORDPRESS and download the plugin and create an API Key. Here’s the direct link.
- Log into WordPress, install and activate the plugin. The Manceppo plugin now appears in your WordPress menu.
- Navigate to the ‘CONNECT’ option in the Manceppo plugin and connect it to your Manceppo account with the API Key you created in Manceppo (create and find your API Key in Manceppo.com here: CONNECT -> WORDPRESS).
Now you are ready to start tracking visitors and creating Manceppo download forms on your WordPress website. Read the steps below or watch the video to create WordPress download forms in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Configure a download in Manceppo
To create a download form you first configure a download in your Manceppo account. To do this just log in to Manceppo and go to CONTENT -> DOWNLOADS. Hit the button ‘NEW CONTENT’ and provide at least a ‘TITLE’ and ‘UPLOAD’ the document. Other fields are optional and can help you in a later stage.
Step 2: Configure WordPress form settings
To configure your setting for the form you will use in WordPress log in to Manceppo and go to CONVERSION -> FORMS -> WORDPRESS FORM SETTINGS. Hit the button ‘ADD FORM SETTINGS’ to create the basic settings of the forms you will use in WordPress.
The following settings need to be filled:
- A ‘title’ for your form settings, so you can select these settings in your Manceppo plugin in WordPress
- A ‘thank you text’ that will appear after submission of the form
The following setting are optional:
- A ‘description’ of the form, this can help you as your selection of forms will grow over time
- You can also select Mailchimp audiences to automatically add newsletter opt-in checkboxes to your form. Here’s a blog on connecting Mailchimp to Manceppo.
After completing the form settings you can customize the email that will be send to deliver the download to the person submitting the form.
See how the configuration below shows up in the email. Below you can also set the sender name and sender e-mail that will show up in the inbox. As sender email your firstname.lastname@example.org, when you prefer to use your own domain you can add it by following the instruction in ACCOUNT SETTINGS -> SENDER EMAIL.
Step 3: Create forms in WordPress
When you configured a download (step 1) and your form settings (step 2) you can log in to your WordPress website and create forms to publish. Just go to MANCEPPO -> ADD NEW FORM. First give the form a name, then select the form settings you want to use and the download you want to add (which you both created in Manceppo) . Customize your form with the following settings:
- Choose the fields you want to add to your form
- Add a text to the ‘Button label’, this text will appear in your download button
- Add a color to the ‘Button color’, this will be the color of your button, leave it blank to use the default settings of your theme.
- You can choose to show the complete form, or only the download button. In this case the form will show when your visitor clicks the download button. Check ‘show form expanded’ to show the complete form.
- You can add reCaptcha, to avoid spam. When you add reCaptcha to your form you need to register your domain for reCaptcha v3 (https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/v3).
- Finally you can choose which Mailchimp newsletter opt-in options you would like to add as checkboxes to your form, either pre-checked or unchecked.
Save your form, now you can use it on any page. Your form short code like to easily publish it.
When you work with a traditional WordPress rich text editor you will notice the Manceppo icon is added to the options of the ribbon. When you use the Manceppo icon in you ribbon you can easily add the short code of the form you like to publish to your text.
When you use the Gutenberg editor, you can add the short code with the short code editor as shown below.
After adding the short code to your page and saving your page, check it out on your live webpage!